- Share & Rate this article
- Related Stories
Louis du Preez, a father-of-two from Moreleta Park in Pretoria, spent a week in ICU at St Augustine’s Hospital in Durban until his death around 2am on Sunday, The Star reported on Tuesday.
Chairman of the Magnoalia Road Runners, of which Du Preez was a member, Tinus Marais said it was suspected Du Preez had an undetected viral infection that led to organ failure.
“Everyone thought he would get better,” he said.
Du Preez completed the race in under 11 hours. He ran the marathon as part of the ‘Sudan for Jesus’ charity initiative. He was one of the top five fundraisers for the group.
- Bucs intensity has returned – ...
- AmaZulu appoint Barker
- Bucs hit back to beat 10-man Supersport
- Blow by blow: SuperSport United vs ...
- City eye Chiefs scalp
- Doutie powers Wits to Stars win
- Six goal thriller in Rustenburg
- Blow by blow: Ajax vs Maritzburg Utd
- Polokwane end Aces’ fine run of ...
- Sundowns hold Chiefs to a point
- Follow The Citizen
- Network News