Louis du Preez, a father-of-two from Moreleta Park in Pretoria, spent a week in ICU at St Augustine’s Hospital in Durban until his death around 2am on Sunday, The Star reported on Tuesday.
Chairman of the Magnoalia Road Runners, of which Du Preez was a member, Tinus Marais said it was suspected Du Preez had an undetected viral infection that led to organ failure.
“Everyone thought he would get better,” he said.
Du Preez completed the race in under 11 hours. He ran the marathon as part of the ‘Sudan for Jesus’ charity initiative. He was one of the top five fundraisers for the group.
- Related Stories
- Oupa Manyisa is tired
- Senzo Meyiwa’s death overshadows ...
- Kosta Papic delighted as Polokwane City ...
- Cagey Mosimane satisfied with three ...
- Polokwane City rise into top 8
- Mosimane ecstatic about finishing 2014 ...
- Is this the new Free State Stars coach?
- Pirates pip Celtic
- Orlando Pirates 2 Bloemfontein Celtic 1 ...
- Modise late show topples Ajax
- Follow The Citizen
- Network News