Three suspects have been arrested after they were caught on a GoPro camera robbing a mountain biker in Somerset West in the Western Cape. Click here for more.
- Share & Rate this article
- Related Stories
Malcolm Fox was about to finish his session on the pedals at Sir Lowry’s Pass when an armed suspect ran up to him, flagged him down and proceeded to rob him of his belongings, along with the help of two accomplices.
The entire incident was caught on his GoPro camera which was mounted on his helmet. On the YouTube video which Fox posted, he said it was fortunate that the suspects had no clue what a GoPro is, and that it could be used as evidence.
Police spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Andrè Traut that all three suspects which appear in the video have been arrested on a charge of robbery.
With the help of the GoPro police managed to arrest two suspects on Sunday, a day after the incident occurred, with the third being arrested on Monday.
“Thorough investigation work led investigators to the suspects with the help of the footage,” said Traut.
The first suspect was arrested on Sunday at his residence in Sir Lowry’s Pass and a Luger firearm was seized. The same day another suspect was arrested in Sir Lowry’s pass, while a third was arrested on Monday.
Police confirmed that the stolen cell phone was recovered, but that the mountain bike was still be sought after.
The suspects made a brief appearance in court on Tuesday and will remain in custody until their next court appearance later this month.
- Zola Tongo drilled on hit money
- Tongo quizzed on hitmen names
- Tongo admits to ‘mistakes’ ...
- Dewani court led through phone evidence
- Tongo knew nothing about helicopter ...
- Dewani seen with package in video
- Tongo thought Anni was two people
- Court shown footage of Dewani couple
- Dewani escort went to police
- Dewani trial continues
- Bafana to play in Senzo’s hometown
- Praise for PSL change of heart
- Golden Arrows on top
- Patosi back on track
- BREAKING NEWS: All Absa Premiership ...
- Bafana postpone squad announcement
- Fans blast Premier Soccer League
- Chiefs deny Zulu signing
- TKO semifinal dates, venues announced
- Moment of silence for Senzo
- Follow The Citizen
- Network News