- Two races for G&H Transport Extreme Supercars headed up proceedings, with Charl Arangies (Motul Dodge Viper V10) winning the opening event.
He was followed by Jonathan du Toit (TAR Ferrari 430), Kris Budnik (Cedar Isle BMW M3), Nicky Dicks (Curvent Porsche 996), Deon du Plessis (BPT KTM X-Bow) and Craig Jarvis (Panacea Porsche GT3).
Arangies, Du Toit and Budnik again took the three top places the second time out, this time followed by Jarvis and Du Plessis.
- Jacques Joubert (SPAR Peugeot 206) won both the Goldwagen Northern Bolt Superhatch races from Robyn Kruger (Steamsure VW Polo), with Hilton van Nieuwenhuizen (ASAP Peugeot 207) and Brett Garland (Jonnesway Honda Civic) taking turns in the final podium places.
Louise Joubert (Van Dyk Tops Ford Fiesta) and Morne Human (Action Ford Fiesta) took the overall Class B and Class C victories, respectively.
- The first Hankook Formula Vee race went to Jaco Schriks (Office Direct Rhema), leading home Gert van der Berg (BM Nantes Rhema), Greg Wilson (Reflex Solutions Rhema), Peter Hills (Renexcon Rhema) and Symm Grobler (Rhema).
Shriks repeated the victory in race two, this time followed by Wilson, Hills, Alan Holm (Laserprint Rhema) and Grobler.
- Both of the day’s Red Square Kawasaki Masters Cup races went to Stewart MacLeod (Red Star ZX10R), ahead of Graeme van Breda (Van Breda ZX10R), Kyle Robinson (Kawasaki ZX10R) Gavin Lightfoot (Elf ZX10R) and Pieter de Vos (Jongingozi ZX10R).
- Greg Gildenhuys (Kreepy Krauly BMW HP4) took his usual opening race win in the Thunderbike category, followed by Ryan Ottens (Northside BMW HP4), Dylan White (Portable Shade Kawasaki ZX10) and Steven Odendaal (Kawasaki ZX6).
Gildenhuys fluffed his start in race two, leaving Ottens to win ahead of White, Gildenhuys and Brandon Goode (CJ Auto Kawasaki ZX10).
- Adrian Dalton (Xtra Shoes VW Golf) won the first Speed & Sound 111 Sports and Saloon Car race from Adam Starostecki (G&H Transport BMW M3), Jose Sardinha (JSR Honda CRX) and Joel Silva (Speed & Sound BMW E36).
Dalton retired from race two, which left Starostecki to win from Sardinha, Silva and Nic Smythe (BMW 330i).
- The overall Comsol VW Challenge winners were James Hurley (Starter Pack Polo – Class A), Lyle Ramsay (Polo – Class B) and Francois van Zyl (Golf – Class C).
- The day’s overall Brunch Run winners were Appanna Ganapathy (My Alerts Kawasaki – Class A), Ferdinand Frederick (FF Racing BMW – Class B) and Jolandi Sinden (Honda CBR600 – Class C).
The next round of the 2014 Extreme Festival series will take place at the East London Circuit on July 19.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *