South African satire regarding the political landscape strikes again as an Nkandla parody song goes viral. Read more here.
- Share & Rate this article
- Related Stories
The song ‘Nkandla Style’ remade from the YouTube hit, Gangnam Style was posted on 27 March and already has over 250 000 views and still growing exponentially.
The song is a humorous take on the Nkandla debacle that has had the country in a row since the Public Protector released a report which said that President Jacob Zuma and family had unduly benefitted from security upgrades.
The song uses the same catchy Gangnam tune with phrases such as; ‘since the day I can remember I always wanted more, I wanted more money like the Afrikaner Boer, so I became a comrade when I was still young.’
As well as ‘The Public Protector, I never should have kept her.’
The chorus says; ‘if you number one you get to drive the gravy train, if you number one you get to fly the Gupta plane…’
The song also makes references to Nkandla feature upgrades that the Public Protector pointed out such as the fire pool as well as Zuma saying dogs are for white people and a Julius Malema remark which is cleverly disguised.
There is no information on who created the song, but the YouTube account created for the song goes by the name Nkandla Staail.
Check out the song that appears to becoming a South African hit.
- I sacrificed my life – Tongo ...
- Zola Tongo drilled on hit money
- Tongo quizzed on hitmen names
- Tongo admits to ‘mistakes’ ...
- Dewani court led through phone evidence
- Tongo knew nothing about helicopter ...
- Dewani seen with package in video
- Tongo thought Anni was two people
- Court shown footage of Dewani couple
- Dewani escort went to police
- Serero fitness boost for Bafana
- Barker endorses PSL decision
- CAF deny AFCON 2015 postponement deal
- One more Pirates game called off
- Free transport to Meyiwa funeral
- Gaxa – Senzo is an inspiration
- Limpopo arrest in Meyiwa case untrue ...
- Bafana to play in Senzo’s hometown
- Praise for PSL change of heart
- Golden Arrows on top
- Follow The Citizen
- Network News