South African satire regarding the political landscape strikes again as an Nkandla parody song goes viral. Read more here.
South African satire regarding the political landscape strikes again as an Nkandla parody song goes viral.
The song ‘Nkandla Style’ remade from the YouTube hit, Gangnam Style was posted on 27 March and already has over 250 000 views and still growing exponentially.
The song is a humorous take on the Nkandla debacle that has had the country in a row since the Public Protector released a report which said that President Jacob Zuma and family had unduly benefitted from security upgrades.
The song uses the same catchy Gangnam tune with phrases such as; ‘since the day I can remember I always wanted more, I wanted more money like the Afrikaner Boer, so I became a comrade when I was still young.’
As well as ‘The Public Protector, I never should have kept her.’
The chorus says; ‘if you number one you get to drive the gravy train, if you number one you get to fly the Gupta plane…’
The song also makes references to Nkandla feature upgrades that the Public Protector pointed out such as the fire pool as well as Zuma saying dogs are for white people and a Julius Malema remark which is cleverly disguised.
There is no information on who created the song, but the YouTube account created for the song goes by the name Nkandla Staail.
Check out the song that appears to becoming a South African hit.
- Related Stories
- Follow The Citizen
- Al Sadd deny deal done to sign Xavi
- Konate brace gives Senegal coach ...
- Wales top group as Bale wreaks havoc in ...
- Injured Welbeck out of Italy friendly
- Wiggins set for Gent-Wevelgem
- Khune – I can go as far as 40
- Phiri delighted with “dream” debut
- Serero can’t sleep over Milan move
- Join us for a ‘Quiz Friday’ next ...
- Alexander lauds Bafana teammate Mokotjo
- Network News