Mdumiseni Jali, chairman of the Alexandra Taxi Association, was killed on Tuesday night, said Captain Tsekiso Mofokeng .
Jali allegedly stopped at a red traffic light and when it turned green and he pulled off, shots were fired from another vehicle.
He lost control of his vehicle and crashed into a wall on the side of the road, said Mofokeng.
No one had been arrested and police were investigating, he said.
- Related Stories
- Barker – we can beat Chiefs
- ‘Bad attitude’ keeps Khune ...
- De Boer admits Ajax will miss Serero
- Musona joins Oostende
- Condolences pour in for former Golden ...
- Igesund seeks Christmas cheer
- Eric Tinkler frustrated by ...
- Clinton Larsen happy to return with a ...
- Parker, Patosi back for Bafana
- Allan Freese brushes off match ...
- Follow The Citizen
- Network News