Mdumiseni Jali, chairman of the Alexandra Taxi Association, was killed on Tuesday night, said Captain Tsekiso Mofokeng .
Jali allegedly stopped at a red traffic light and when it turned green and he pulled off, shots were fired from another vehicle.
He lost control of his vehicle and crashed into a wall on the side of the road, said Mofokeng.
No one had been arrested and police were investigating, he said.
- Related Stories
- Blow by blow: Cameroon vs Cote ...
- Defensive play a let down: Furman
- Bafana have no regrets – Bernard ...
- Twitter reacts to Bafana’s Afcon ...
- Ghana match a learning curve – ...
- Neil Tovey preaches patience
- Bafana’s Afcon departure should ...
- Bafana slip out of the Afcon
- Blow by blow: Bafana Bafana vs Ghana
- Five Ghana vs South Africa facts
- Follow The Citizen
- Network News