- Share & Rate this article
- Related Stories
The inaugural naturalist meeting was attended by 20 nudists in Hooting Owl in Marina Beach in the Hibiscus Coast local municipality at the weekend.
“They are very enthusiastic, everything went fine and we appointed an interim chairperson to lead the committee until the annual general meeting sometime in May,” Skene said.
Skene, 58, who is originally from Scotland, but now resides on the South Coast, said he was requested by the Gauteng Naturalist Association to establish a similar organisation in KZN.
“The concept is still new in South Africa and not openly accepted,” he said.
While the long-term goal was to establish a nudist beach in the province, the immediate objective was to get the association up and running in the province.
He said he had not done research on the policies of the various municipalities in the province to ascertain their attitude towards a nudist beach.
“The AGM will look at those kinds of issues.”
A naturalist for 40 years, Skene settled on the South Coast in 2003.
“I tried it as a teenager in Scotland, but the weather there is not conducive to naturism.
“When I arrived here about 10 years ago I started searching for a beach that was naturist friendly,” he said.
Mpenjati Nature Reserve beach on the South Coast was one such a beach.
“It’s a mind opener because people who live around there do not have any prejudices against naturists.”
Skene, who runs a guest house mainly hosting nudists, believes there are hundreds of naturalists in KZN.
“We do not know about them because of the stigma involved – people think about what their neighbours would say,” he said.
- I sacrificed my life – Tongo ...
- Zola Tongo drilled on hit money
- Tongo quizzed on hitmen names
- Tongo admits to ‘mistakes’ ...
- Dewani court led through phone evidence
- Tongo knew nothing about helicopter ...
- Dewani seen with package in video
- Tongo thought Anni was two people
- Court shown footage of Dewani couple
- Dewani escort went to police
- Serero fitness boost for Bafana
- Barker endorses PSL decision
- CAF deny AFCON 2015 postponement deal
- One more Pirates game called off
- Free transport to Meyiwa funeral
- Gaxa – Senzo is an inspiration
- Limpopo arrest in Meyiwa case untrue ...
- Bafana to play in Senzo’s hometown
- Praise for PSL change of heart
- Golden Arrows on top
- Follow The Citizen
- Network News