National 26.8.2016 09:24 am

Boy in ICU recovering well after substation shock

Boy recovering in ICU after substation shock.

Boy recovering in ICU after substation shock.

The boy reportedly sustained severe burns on his arm.

A child, 6, is being treated in Ngwelezana Hospital’s intensive care unit (ICU) after getting electrocuted at an electrical substation in Zidedele Village, just outside Empangeni, KwaZulu-Natal, Zululand Observer reports.

It is believed the child was playing with friends when he came into contact with exposed live wires inside the substation box and got shocked.

READ MORE: Half-naked woman found behind a substation

The uMhlathuze municipality officials were alerted to the incident when residents phoned to complain that the electricity supply had been interrupted.

The young boy reportedly sustained severe burns on his arm.

The Citizen spoke to the father (name withheld), and he said: “The boy is doing well though the hand is still swelling, but he is getting the best treatment.”

– Caxton News Service

poll

today in print