Olympic gold medallist Wayde van Niekerk was this week kind enough to hold a Q&A session on Twitter. While some of the questions tweeps asked were interesting, others were simply meant to be ridiculous or funny.
On what he thought of the “ugly” team SA Olympic tracksuits everyone has been complaining about, Van Niekerk only responded: “Life goes on. As long as I made my country proud.” He may be right, but we will not be ready to forgive as long as the frumpy kit remains engraved in our minds.
ALSO READ: How much cash Wayde will rake in
Things got interesting when one Twitter user asked him if he would choose Bonang Matheba over DJ Zinhle. The poor guy did not want to start another storm, so he decided on a safer, yet irrelevant choice: Kwesta’s Ngud.
Another user hit him with an AKA or Cassper Nyovest question, and sadly, he’s not a fan of either. Good choice, because no one would want to be in the middle of that storm.
Since Van Niekerk is a gold medallist, one user thought they could tap into the winner’s circle and ask him for Lotto numbers, so he gave him but told the fan he wanted a 70% share should they win.
ALSO READ: PICS: Meet Wayde van Niekerk’s ‘blesser’
The most hilarious response was to a fan who said it was their wedding anniversary, and yet they were waiting for Van Niekerk’s response. “Put your phone away, sies,” was his response.
This is what we learned about him
- He is an Orlando Pirates fan
- He goes to church every Sunday
- In his free time, he chills “very hard”
- He’s a Suarez fan
- Given the opportunity, he would race against Usain Bolt
- He prefers hip hop to Kwaito, and he’s not a house music fan
- He prefers Cape Town to Jo’burg
- Though he finds a new favourite bible verse everyday, he feeds off 1 Corinthians 13: 1-13
- God, family and his girlfriend are his inspiration in life
- He doesn’t have nor does he want a tattoo