- About the Author
- Share & Rate this article
Even after being kicked out of the ANC, Malema has continued to make adversaries, this time by directing his insults at his former political home, and in particular its leader, Jacob Zuma.
The decision by the Pretoria High Court to provisionally sequestrate Malema’s estate will come as a huge relief to his myriad foes, as it will bar him from becoming a member of Parliament.
Apart from Monday’s court blow, Malema still faces legal woes that could see him land in jail. The EFF leader still has a serious criminal case to answer, which is due to resume in September. It is because of this insolvency and the pending criminal case that many have already penned Malema’s political obituary.
But Malema is a shrewd politician whose street fighting skills were honed by Jacob Zuma’s legal troubles. Prior to becoming ANC leader in 2007, Zuma was in almost a similar position to the one Malema finds himself in today. It is the same Malema who was at the forefront of mobilisation and lobbying aimed at saving Zuma from going to jail. He threatened to unleash anarchy and kill if charges against Zuma were not dropped. The only difference in his situation is he has to mobilise from outside the ANC, and this will pose a huge challenge.
His advantage is the fact that he has been in this game before, thanks to his battle to save Zuma’s skin.
He is already using lessons gained during the battle to salvage Zuma’s political career to his advantage, one of which is to play victim.
The EFF’s claim that its leader is a victim of some political plot sums it all up. It’s way too early to write the man off.
- I sacrificed my life – Tongo ...
- Zola Tongo drilled on hit money
- Tongo quizzed on hitmen names
- Tongo admits to ‘mistakes’ ...
- Dewani court led through phone evidence
- Tongo knew nothing about helicopter ...
- Dewani seen with package in video
- Tongo thought Anni was two people
- Court shown footage of Dewani couple
- Dewani escort went to police
- Serero fitness boost for Bafana
- Barker endorses PSL decision
- CAF deny AFCON 2015 postponement deal
- One more Pirates game called off
- Free transport to Meyiwa funeral
- Gaxa – Senzo is an inspiration
- Limpopo arrest in Meyiwa case untrue ...
- Bafana to play in Senzo’s hometown
- Praise for PSL change of heart
- Golden Arrows on top
- Follow The Citizen
- Network News