Citizen
Movies 10.2.2014 09.45 am

Avengers sequel filming postponed

Still of Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth in Avengers Assemble (2012)
Road closures in the Johannesburg CBD will come to effect on Tuesday after the filming company of the sequel to the superhero movie “The Avengers” postponed filming, metro police said.

“The filming company informed us they have cancelled filming on Monday,” spokesman Chief Superintendent Wayne Minnaar said.

Albetina Sisulu street (previously Market) would no longer be blocked off between Harrison and Rissik streets from 7am until 7pm as said earlier.

Minnaar said filming in the street would begin on Tuesday at 6pm until Wednesday morning.

Other streets affected from February 14 to 23 would be President street between Rissik and Eloff streets and Joubert street between Harrison and Rissik streets, he said.

Parts of Commissioner, Sauer, and Albetina Sisulu streets would also be closed.

Motorist were urged to use Jeppe, Bree, Pritchard, Marshall, and Anderson streets as alternatives.

Minnaar said Kingsley Sithole road and Basil Zuma street in Orlando East would be closed to traffic on Thursday.

“The public is requested to exercise patience and use alternative roads in the meantime.”

The sequel, titled “Avengers: Age of Ultron”, will feature well-known actors Robert Downey Jr, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Evans, and Chris Hemsworth as popular superheroes.

- Sapa

You might also like

Motorist tasers taxi driver in road rage incident (multimedia)

A BMW driver has allegedly tasered a taxi driver during a suspected road rage incident in northern Johannesburg.... more ...

30 Seconds to Mars to perform in SA ‘as planned’ (video)

Remember how disappointed we all were when it was announced that American band 30 Seconds to Mars’ SA tour would be postponed?... more ...

Numsa papers filed for special Cosatu national congress

Numsa and its seven supporting unions have filed papers in the High Court in Johannesburg in a bid to get Cosatu to hold a special national congress.... more ...

New details emerge in the anti-Cell banner saga

The City of Johannesburg will issue a notice of removal to the landlord of the World Wear Shopping Center, instructing him to remove the banner which states that Cell C is the “most useless service provider in South Africa”.... more ...

Cape Town, Durban amongst most violent cities

Despite Johannesburg’s reputation as the most dangerous city in the country, Cape Town, Nelson Mandela Bay and Durban are the only South African metropolitans that feature on the list of the 50 most violent cities on earth.... more ...

Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* Mandatory field