A vehicle has reportedly burst into flames on the M4 near La Lucia outside Durban in Kwazulu-Natal no more than an hour ago, Northglen News reports.
Firefighters have attended to the scene and extinguished the blaze.
According to Neil Powell of Crisis Medical a woman was travelling north-bound when she saw smoke coming from her engine compartment, and had managed to get out of the vehicle before it caught alight.
Marshall Security’s Kyle van Reenen said it was believed the fire was caused by an electrical fault.
He confirmed that there had been no injuries.
– Caxton News Service