The Springbok squad to do duty in the first two matches of the Castle Lager Rugby Championship will be named on Saturday 6 August 2016 after the Vodacom Super Rugby final.
In the meantime, Springbok coach Allister Coetzee on Sunday invited a selected group of players to attend a four-day fundamentals, rehabilitation and conditioning camp in Stellenbosch, to be held from 1 to 4 August. No Emirates Lions or overseas-based players were considered.
The purpose of the Stellenbosch camp is to give the Springbok management first-hand opportunity to assess the medical and fitness condition of the selected group of players.
“We will use the four days to spend some time on our fundamentals, continued rehabilitation and conditioning of this group of players,” said Coetzee.
“Our management will be working hard during these four days and it will give us a good indication of the progress of those players who have recovered from injury, or those currently battling with niggles.”
Players invited to a Springbok rehabilitation and conditioning camp:
- Damian de Allende (DHL Stormers)
- Lood de Jager (Toyota Cheetahs)
- Pieter-Steph du Toit (DHL Stormers)
- Eben Etzebeth (DHL Stormers)
- Vincent Koch (DHL Stormers)
- Jesse Kriel (Vodacom Bulls)
- Pat Lambie (Cell C Sharks)
- Frans Malherbe (DHL Stormers)
- Oupa Mohoje (Toyota Cheetahs)
- Tendai Mtawarira (Cell C Sharks)
- Lwazi Mvovo (Cell C Sharks)
- Sikhumbuzo Notshe (DHL Stormers)
- Trevor Nyakane (Vodacom Bulls)
- Coenie Oosthuizen (Cell C Sharks)
- Rudy Paige (Vodacom Bulls)
- Handré Pollard (Vodacom Bulls)
- Jan Serfontein (Vodacom Bulls)
- Adriaan Strauss (Vodacom Bulls)