Members of the Right2Know campaign have on Wednesday staged a sit-in at the SABC headquarters in Auckland Park after the broadcaster launched an appeal against the court order to reinstate four fired journalists.
“This is in response to the SABC management’s decision to bar four journalists from entering their place of work,” R2K’s Busi Mtabane said.
On Tuesday, the Labour Court ordered the SABC to reinstate Krivani Pillay, Suna Venter, Foeta Krige and Jacques Steenkamp.
However, on Wednesday morning Solidarity trade union, which represented the four, said they had been informed they were not allowed to enter the building as the SABC was appealing the ruling.
“R2K strongly condemn the continuous victimization of staff who dare question unethical editorial decisions.
“SABC COO, Hlaudi Motsoeneng must stop treating the SABC as his own private entity to please those who are in power.”
– African News Agency (ANA)