National 27.7.2016 09:44 am

Man electrocuted after ‘tripping’ over power box

Picture: Thinkstock

Picture: Thinkstock

Paramedics stabilised the seriously injured man at a holiday complex, where the incident happened, before taking him to hospital.

A 20 year-old man was rushed to hospital after being electrocuted at a holiday complex in Margate, KwaZulu-Natal.

Netcare 911 paramedics responded to a call from a holiday complex after a man apparently tripped over a power box and came into contact with high voltage cables on Monday night, South Coast Herald reported.

Paramedics found the man seriously injured. They stabilised him at the scene before taking him to a nearby hospital.

This comes after a man was electrocuted to death after he allegedly tried to steal cables in Fountains Circle, Pretoria last week.

DA Tshwane media relations manager Motheo Mtimkulu said he believed the man was trying to steal overhead cables.

Reports emerged on social media that the man was a member of the DA, but Mtimkulu rubbished the claims.

“The man was not a member of the DA. It is believed he was stealing cables when he was electrocuted,” he said.

According to reports on social media, the victim’s body was found hanging from a pole.

– Caxton News Service

poll

today in print