- Share & Rate this article
- Related Stories
Addressing delegates to the league’s eThekwini region elective conference, ANCYL national task team co-ordinator Magasela Mzobe, said the recent uproar surrounding former police commissioner Bheki Cele – over Madonsela’s allegedly adverse finding against the former top cop in connection with the Nkandla probe – was evidence that the Public Protector was targetting ANC leaders.
“When she was preparing her preliminary report she was not bothered about Cele, but now that she has realised that comrade Cele is popular within ANC branches, she suddenly decided to focus on him,” he said.
Mzobe’s attack on Madonsela echoes that of Cele himself, who was quoted in yesterday’s City Press as saying the Public Protector’s office is a “kangaroo court”.
He accused Madonsela of summoning him to try and reopen her probe into Zuma, even though she had already submitted her report to Cabinet. The former top cop suggested Madonsela had found him guilty before granting him a response.
“This reminded me of a particular street committee in Mhlongo Road in Durban. The chief of this structure had a saying: ‘There are no acquittals here’. Suspects would be told: ‘You are guilty, now let’s hear what you say’,” Cele was quoted as saying.
Madonsela is said to have made an adverse finding on Cele for not following procedures in overseeing security upgrades of Zuma’s homestead at Nkandla.
Cele’s request for more time to study documents before making a submission to Madonsela could delay the release of the final report further.
Mzobe, who urged conference delegates to defend ANC leaders accused of corruption and incompetence, said Madonsela had become arrogant.
“That office is a problem, it is bigger than everyone in this country – the arrogance is shocking,” said Mzobe.
- Oscar sentence ‘carefully ...
- Oscar ‘largest news story in the ...
- Oscar processed and placed in cell
- No parole for Oscar – IFP ...
- Oscar sentencing: Twitter users react
- Five-year sentence ‘carefully ...
- NPA will discuss sentence with ...
- Oscar’s uncle points finger at ...
- Oscar Pistorius may serve only 10 ...
- Oscar Pistorius driven from Pretoria ...
- Ajax beat Stars 2-1
- Ten-man Chippa frustrate Sundowns
- Chiefs held by plucky Swallows
- Celtic beat Tuks 2-1
- Blow by blow: Kaizer Chiefs vs Swallows
- Banyana lose 2-1 to Nigeria
- Chippa on verge of appointing Sikhakhane
- Ellis – we can beat Nigeria
- Shabba lauds Chiefs teamwork
- Mpumalanga Black Aces ready to ...
- Follow The Citizen