- Share & Rate this article
- Related Stories
“The nine patients were medically evaluated and treated by the EMS paramedics and they are in stable condition. They had suffered refrigeration gas inhalation,” Ian Gray, NSRI Port Elizabeth station commander said in a statement.
An evacuation operation was mounted on Saturday to the 134 meter refrigeration vessel Huan Yu 1 which was en-route from Singapore to the Falkland islands.
The vessel was met three nautical miles offshore and the body of the crew member who had died was handed to forensic pathology services.
The nine injured people were evacuated and treated in hospital in Port Elizabeth.
The operation was conducted by the NSRI, the ports authority, police and Eastern Cape health services.
Police boarded the ship to investigate the leak and the cause of the death and the injuries.
Port health officials also evaluated the safety of the ship.
- I sacrificed my life – Tongo ...
- Zola Tongo drilled on hit money
- Tongo quizzed on hitmen names
- Tongo admits to ‘mistakes’ ...
- Dewani court led through phone evidence
- Tongo knew nothing about helicopter ...
- Dewani seen with package in video
- Tongo thought Anni was two people
- Court shown footage of Dewani couple
- Dewani escort went to police
- Serero fitness boost for Bafana
- Barker endorses PSL decision
- CAF deny AFCON 2015 postponement deal
- One more Pirates game called off
- Free transport to Meyiwa funeral
- Gaxa – Senzo is an inspiration
- Limpopo arrest in Meyiwa case untrue ...
- Bafana to play in Senzo’s hometown
- Praise for PSL change of heart
- Golden Arrows on top
- Follow The Citizen
- Network News