- Share & Rate this article
- Related Stories
“The nine patients were medically evaluated and treated by the EMS paramedics and they are in stable condition. They had suffered refrigeration gas inhalation,” Ian Gray, NSRI Port Elizabeth station commander said in a statement.
An evacuation operation was mounted on Saturday to the 134 meter refrigeration vessel Huan Yu 1 which was en-route from Singapore to the Falkland islands.
The vessel was met three nautical miles offshore and the body of the crew member who had died was handed to forensic pathology services.
The nine injured people were evacuated and treated in hospital in Port Elizabeth.
The operation was conducted by the NSRI, the ports authority, police and Eastern Cape health services.
Police boarded the ship to investigate the leak and the cause of the death and the injuries.
Port health officials also evaluated the safety of the ship.
- “Celebrity” Oscar doing well in ...
- Oscar verdict appeal not ruled out yet
- Cell door slams shut on Oscar info
- Oscar Pistorius ‘cried himself to ...
- End of the road for Oscar Pistorius ...
- ‘We don’t want ...
- Oscar sentence ‘carefully ...
- Oscar ‘largest news story in the ...
- Oscar processed and placed in cell
- No parole for Oscar – IFP ...
- Pirates singing in the rain
- Sundowns battle past AmaZulu
- Blow by blow: Pirates vs Ajax
- Supersport march into semi-final
- Blow by blow: Sundowns vs Amazulu
- Blow by blow: SuperSport United vs Wits
- Chiefs and Platinum Stars to clash for ...
- Van Wyk eyes World Cup
- Telkom Knockout Fever
- Manchester Legends waiting on Safa
- Follow The Citizen